Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Challenging Myself

I do not like heights. Not at all. Started when I was in my early 20's, and I don't even know why. Yet somehow I end up facing heights. 

In NYC two years in a row!




And before that there was Chicago...




And of course there was Chattanooga a few weeks ago.

So why then would I purposely go to the springs that has a 22 ft jump?
 I have no clue, other than maybe to prove I could do it??? And I did. Jasmine missed the picture the first jump, so I did it again with her taking a video on my phone. Then I jumped from the lower jump.

Me in the purple shorts ready to jump.


My leap from the lower level.

So how warm was the water? Glad you asked. 69F. That isn't cold when it's air temperature. It's very cold when it's water. But this is a spring, and springs stay at a consistent (cold) temperature year round. You would normally wear a wetsuit in that water temperature, but no one does here.
How deep is the water? Again, glad you asked! Just past the white buoy is the deepest part of the spring at 120 feet deep!

I can't say this was the high point of my week, but I can say I did it. Basically I backed up to where I could see over the edge, then I took off looking straight ahead until there was nothing under my feet and I was falling. I am not at all afraid of water, so once I was airborne, I was okay.

Three of my kids have para sailed. I think I'll leave that one to them!

No comments:

Post a Comment