Thursday, December 24, 2015

What Color are Your Eyes?

When I create characters, I need to know what they look like--skin color, eye color, height and weight--or at least general build. 

I find eye colors interesting.

55% of the world's population have brown eyes
 8% of the world's population have blue eyes (Approximately 17%  for the United States see here)
5-8% of the world's population have hazel eyes
2% of the world's population have green eyes.

(The eye color photos below are from the Internet, not my own work.)

I have blue eyes that are a bit grayish so I'd guess toward gunmetal blue. I have two blue eyed children.

In the YA novel I'm working on now, Freerunner, Thorn has sky blue eyes. 

I have five (adopted) brown eyed children. They are pretty much between chocolate and nut brown.

In Freerunner, the main character, Kia, has amber eyes. (The first one in the box above)

Green eyes are pretty rare, so it's funny that almost all the romance books have a green eyed protagonist in them.


What color are your eyes? Are they shown above?

5 comments:

  1. I think mine are honey brown. Jada

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey my friend, my eyes are green & so are both of my boys. According to the chart up above I think I'm the forest green, but can turn to jade or emerald when I wear certain shades of green. Miss Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, that is a question, honey comes close but when I am really upset they are more emerald.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mine are nutbrown. Jayden, 14

    ReplyDelete