Thursday, November 3, 2016

Nanowrimo

November is National Novel Writing Month, which has been shortened to Nanowrimo. The challenge is to write 50,000 words of a novel in 30 days. I think that comes out to around 1,670 words a day. The whole Nanowrimo idea has become a big deal in the past several years.  Now there is a webpage where you can log in your daily word count, make a profile about yourself, announce your novel and so on.

In the past I haven't been able to take part in it because I was not at a point where I was ready to start a novel. One year, not to feel left out, I wrote over 70,000 words of a devotion book for which I had a contract. But I couldn't officially register because it wasn't a novel.

This year I am officially taking part in Nanowrimo, writing a YA novel called Catching Hope. The main character is a 15-year-old girl named Lexi who, along with her twin brother, has recently been adopted out of foster care. The family goes to Haiti to take part in medical work, but Chad, Jen, Lexi and Levi are kidnapped and they must learn to work together in order to survive.

This is November 3, and I have written 4, 943 words. I need to get moving!

No comments:

Post a Comment