Friday, January 22, 2016

My 2016 Reading List



One of my goals is to read young adult novels this year. I hardly read anything last year. My primary focus is to read what is on the best seller list. Since I am writing Christian fiction, I want to see what regular, ordinary teens are reading. So I used the list I posted HERE.



So far I've read:
All the Bright Places  review HERE
13 Reasons Why review  HERE
8 Notes to a Nobody --Christian fiction that I read in its entirety on my phone in line at Universal last weekend. Read an interview with the author HERE
Hunger Games- yes, I read it when it first came out, but I just reread it. Actually I listened to the whole thing on CD driving to Orlando and back. I prefer the movie to the book, and I'll talk about why in a future post.

I am currently working on:
The Fault in Our Stars--Jasmine and I watched the movie and are reading the book now (actually listening to it read on CD)
Looking for Alaska  

Still on my list to choose from (a mix of new and old): I am not familiar with many of these books, so I may find that I do not like them, in which case I won't finish them.
Running Lean Christian fiction
10 Steps to Boyfriend Status Christian fiction
The Giver/Gathering Blue/The Messenger/The Son
Perks of Being a Wall Flower
Abundance of Katherines
Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants
13 Little Blue Envelopes
If I Stay
Wednesday Wars
Chocolate War
Someone Dies and Someone Lives
Deadline
Before I Fall
10 Things to Do Before I Die
Papertowns
A Wrinkle in Time
Divergent
Speak
A Separate Peace
Just Listen
The Truth About Forever
Along for the Ride
City of Ember
The Beginning of Everything
The Future of Us
Harry Potter (maybe books 1-4)
Twilight

I've noticed that a lot of books are either about death, dying or trying to survive.

Now that you've seen my list:
Which of these books have you read and what did you think of them?
What books have you read that you'd recommend to me?
What Christian books are best seller list worthy?

4 comments:

  1. I don't really like John Green's books. Not all teens swear and have sex in high school. You can be realistic without being crude. I read All the Bright Places for AP English. I've read all the Harry Potter books, all the Divergent books and all the Hunger Games books. I saw the Percy Jackson movies and Maze Runner movie. I didn't really like Maze Runner. I haven't found any Christian books that were as well written as the ones on this list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I noticed a few of Sarah Dessen's books on your to-read list. I did not enjoy all of hers, but I loved Keeping the Moon, if you haven't read that one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite books are the Hunger Games books, Divergent trilogy, Kingdom keepers series, Percy Jackson series, I am Four series and the Maze Runner series.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite books are the Hunger Games books, Divergent trilogy, Kingdom keepers series, Percy Jackson series, I am Four series and the Maze Runner series.

    ReplyDelete