Monday, January 18, 2016

Naming the New Dog

We have several pets at our house. All of them have come from shelters. I wasn't really looking for a new one when we volunteered at the shelter this morning. But one was looking for us.

We currently have some pretty cool dogs--and a cat that tolerates us.

Sasha, almost 2 and Travis, almost 3

Travis

Sasha

Caspian and Sasha sharing a taco!
Jayden

We recently lost a cat we'd had for 16 years.

Today we went to walk dogs and play with cats at the shelter.


This one is the one we are adopting



Tyler is a cat magnet! 

The black and white dog I was walking was a real sweetie. She's between 4&8 years old and ended up at a rescue place in 2014. She was transferred to this shelter a month or so ago. It's time for her to have a home. I had decided if we were to ever add another dog to the family, he/she would have to be at least a year old. That way we'd know how big the dog would really be and know the personality plus he/she would be house trained and ready to play. It would also have to be a dog that had waited but not been chosen. 
 She is sweet, playful, house trained and walks well on a leash.
Right now her name is Baby. We want to give her a "people" name like our other pets have.

I have a long list-- some are my choices, some were suggested on facebook (I said it had to end with a long e sound like Baby)--Maddie, Bailey, Sadie, Zoey, Kloe, Daisy, Molly, Kasey, Callie, Josi, Brady, Brandy, Maggie, Sophie, Gracie, Brandy.

I've narrowed it down to:
Maddie
Sadie
Maggie
Sophie
Gracie
Brandy

What do you think?

12 comments:

  1. I really like either Sadie or Maggie!! She looks like a sweety! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is pretty. I vote for Gracie.

    Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is different looking from any dog we've had. Part beagle, part terrier.

      Delete
  3. I like Sophie. She looks like she has a bit of Beagle in her. Does she have a beagles bark?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't heard her bark yet but the paperwork says beagle/terrier mix.

      Delete
  4. I like Sophie. She looks like she has a bit of Beagle in her. Does she have a beagles bark?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like Sophie or Sadie. She looks like she will be a good addition to your home!

    Valerie

    ReplyDelete