Saturday, April 16, 2016

Always Learning Something New

One of my goals is to always keep trying something new, learning, growing.

Last year I learned to scuba dive and got my Padi basic certification along with my daughter who was 14 at the time. Tyler, my oldest son, did a couple of dives with us.





The visibility is great, and I'm over 40 feet down.


Why am I bringing up last year's diving? Because Ty and I have decided to go for our advanced certification. We'll start in a couple of weeks. We are wimps and waiting for the water to warm up a little!

Another thing that I tried last year was photography. It had been a long time since I shot with manual settings! And that was on a film camera. In the fall I took a basic class on how to use the camera. Then in the spring I took a class where we went to different places and took photos.

These are some of my favorites:



 Some of my kids were able to join us for one of the location shoots.










Here are some photos I took on spring break.

We climbed up 93 stairs, a ten foot metal ladder and through a scuttle hold.









Now I'm in night photography to expand my knowledge. I don't like it as well as my first two classes.

When I held the shutter open longer, it gathered the light from all the car headlights and made a trail that looks like snow.



It was actually dark but this time, but I left the shutter open longer to collect light.


I'm not sure what's ahead from me. More scuba of course. Maybe more photography. And it's almost time to get the kayaks out. What else? Motorcycle class? Learn ukulele with my daughter who will start it this summer? Or trombone with my son who just had his first class? Parasailing. Yeah, No. I have height issues, and I'm not sure how I'd feel about it.

What's the last new adventure you had or thing you learned?

No comments:

Post a Comment