Sunday, April 24, 2016

Isaac Livesay's Answers

A while back I did an interview with Isaac Livesay who lives in Haiti. Some of you asked him questions. He sent me the answers this week. I hope it will give you a glimpse into life in Haiti--for missionary families at least. To understand life in Haiti for a Haitian, you'd have to go see it for yourself. Life is very hard. There is so much we take for granted. Like medical care. Food. Clothing. A roof over our heads. Some time I will share my three Haitian sensations' stories. But for now, here are Isaac's answers, and next week I'll post his brother Noah's interview.  

If you missed the interview, you can read it HERE

Here were your questions along with his answers:






Hi, Ike. What are Easter and Christmas celebrations like in Haiti?
At Easter we get together with friends at a friend’s house to eat, talk, have a church service, and then get our Easter candy. On Christmas we do all of the above except the Easter candy and the meals are bigger.
You can check out their Christmas extravaganza videos HERE and HERE (oldest ones, so cute) and the newest one HERE 

Do you help with the ministry with your parents? If so, what do you do?
I do not help out with the ministry, although helping my parents around the house is an overall help.

I like to draw dragons too. What else do you like to draw? What do you like to read? I like Maze Runner, Percy Jackson, Divergent, Hunger Games and Kingdom Chronicles.
Other than dragons I really enjoy drawing  scenery, like mountains, lakes, Forests, oceans etc. For books  I really enjoyed Percy Jackson, Heroes of Olympus, and Harry Potter.

I have some questions:
1. Have you always lived in Haiti and do you plan to live in the US when you are an adult or at least in college?
2. Do you think you get along more with your brothers and sisters because you aren't around a lot of other kids so they are your best friends?
3. What is your school like? Is it more just like a family group?

 I haven’t  always lived in Haiti, for the first four years of my life I lived in Minnesota. Ever since then  I’ve only gone back to visit every so often. Yes as an adult and a college student  I plan to live in the states. I think that because I’m not out and about it gives me lots of time to be with my siblings at home. So during those times I’ve been able to spend time and hang out with them.




You can follow the Livesay's journey on their blog HERE
Learn more about their ministry HERE
And consider donating to their ministry HERE

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for telling us more about your life.

    Jada, 14

    ReplyDelete