Wednesday, September 28, 2016

How Many Have You Read

The NPR has a list of the best ever teen books set up as a checklist so you can check off how many you've read. It's HERE. Give it a try and see how many you've read (Eleven for me). Do you agree with the list? What is missing from it?

It would be nice if they had a similar list for inspirational or Christian books. 

Here's what I've read from this list. This is not saying I recommend them. You can read my review of them in earlier posts

Harry Potter: The Order of the Phoenix (just finished this week)

The Hunger Games
Review HERE

The Fault in Our Stars
Review HERE

The Book Thief

The Giver

The Outsiders I was really bored!

Divergent

13 Reasons Why
Review HERE

The Dark is Rising

Forever

Just Listen

If I Stay


I think I've seen more as movies than what I read. I watched these as movies:
The Hunger Games
The Fault in Our Stars
Fahrenheit 451
The Book Thief 
The Giver
The Perks of Being a Wall Flowers
Paper Towns
Twilight
The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants
The Dark is Rising
If I Stay
The Maze Runner


Other YA Novels I've reviewed are:
All the Bright Places
City of Ember
I Was Here
This is How I Find Her
The Boy in Striped Pajamas
The Summer I Saved the World in 65 Days
Counting by 7's



2 comments:

  1. Lol, I've read a grand total of one . . . Divergent. Started The Hunger Games but didn't get far. I've seen a few more in movies:

    The Maze Runner
    Anne of Green Gables
    The Book Thief
    The Princess Bride

    I think my favorite YA series I've read so far still is Andrew Klaven's "The Homelanders". Seriously kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time. The genre is Christian but honestly I'm surprised it wouldn't make the list bc there's nothing overtly Christian in it. Then again there's no cursing or sex either so that's probably why. Hoping to read his "Mindwar" trilogy soon. Looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops and forgot, I saw The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit also, just didn't read the books. How sad is that?

    ReplyDelete